Start your nursing career with a solid foundation!
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses
The StaRN program is a 14-17 week (depending on specialty area), PAID Nurse Residency Program featuring didactic and clinical training. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program.
At completion of the program, learner will transfer to the hospital for unit orientation and be provided with one on one preceptorship.
Key values to the learners:
- BLS/ACLS Certification
- NIH Stroke Scale Certification
- CPI Certification
- TNCC, ENPC & PALS Certifications (for ER hires)
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Customized Coaching/Onboarding report for clinical preceptorship
- Benefit eligible after successful completion of the program
Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full time commitment to the hospital. (Ask about commitment requirements for military spouses!) Don't miss this opportunity to give your new career a great start!
Here's how it works:
- Instructor-led classroom training
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed learning
- Classroom & simulation may take place at an offsite training location (ask your recruiter for more info)
The schedule will be Monday-Friday, 8:00AM - 17:00PM
- Conducted at the hospital
- Regular development meetings between the learner, their preceptor and their Director
- You will be given a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
The schedule will be three (3) 12 hour shifts at the hospital (unless otherwise assigned)
Want to know more about the StaRN program?
It's easy! Send us a few details about yourself and your needs and a recruiter will contact you shortly.